As a part of our persistent, relentless approach to help our patients suffering from treatment resistant depression (TRD), alongside providing rTMS we are proud to announce we are the first private Esketamine clinic in the North West of the UK.
Esketamine nasal spray has recently been licensed by the Medical and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK as a treatment for moderate to severe treatment resistant depression that is also referred to as “difficult to treat depression”.
Esketamine nasal spray is the first licensed antidepressant in 30 years with a different mechanism of action from other available antidepressants as it works on the glutamate system of the brain. What is also remarkable is the fact that some patients start feeling an improvement of their depressive symptoms as early as 24 hours from the first dose.
- It leads to superior reduction in symptoms of depression by day 28
- Response rates at 24 hours (up to 76 %) and maintaining clinical response at day 28
- 51% reduction of risk of relapse in stable remitters
- Majority of side effects are transient hence there is less discontinuation rate
- Self-administration of nasal spray under supervision of health care professional
- Noninvasive and outpatient treatment at client’s preference
- Clients get back to normal working/education after a restful night sleep post dosing